Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The beginning! Restoring for my step-father's '66 GTO. He passed away late last year. His goal was to do this when he retired. So we are taking it on for him. Anybody have any suggestions for digital instrument cluster? What about fuel injection? It has the 389 but not the tri-power. I am adding an A/C, power steering and brakes, and upgrading the rest of the suspension. Gotta do the radio upgrade (sorry but the A/M radio just won't get it done) and of course the exhaust has to sound good. Does anyone have a suggestion for custom wheels? Sorry this is vague and rambling but we are excited to get this rolling memorial started!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Nice project, it depends on how much your budget is? If it was mine I would go back stock as much as possible no fi or dash mods. Keep the 389 keep the dash stock that is part of the GTOS appeal

·
Registered
63 Posts
Dakota Digital makes some cool gauges that fit right in, but I don't know if they'll work with the original engine. The one's I'm familiar with are designed for the LS GM engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We are going with the original engine but trying to turn it to somewhat of a daily driver. Power brakes, steering, suspension, and of course the radio. Just not sure about the gauges. Also thought about going to leather interior but that one is up in the air too. Lots of decisions! Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like you have lots of things to fix. Good luck and looking forward to seeing the progress of your project.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts