Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow, how did you spot that rust??? I don't see anything.

Thanks for the feedback.
in the picture that looks down on the radiator. the the radiator support pan between the radiator and the grill has a textured look. that looks like rust pitting that was sandblasted and painted. that area should be smooth metal.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
not Plum crazy about it....never been a fan of the color but i am color blind...LOL. Free, i saw the same thing, it actually looks like they sprayed it with truck bed liner if you look closely. I am in the process of icing mine down now in that same spot to smooth it out before final primer goes on, fingertips are wore down from sanding all the crevices. There are a lot nicer cars out there in that price range.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
the core support looks almost like that was done on purpose.....however that is a common problem area if the car sat outside with the hood open for a long while......Personally, I would call the owner. Cool color, and an interesting drive train.......gotta see them in person.....and it does say "asking" $$$$ My .02c:cheers

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
looks like pits to me. im not crazy about the color but it looks like a nice car. i would take the pits to mean he isnt trying to hide anything because they are easily filled. if it was done in '06 then if something is going to "pop up" it should be showing its head by now. :agree that you have to see them in person. i havent been shopping but i would be surprised to find one as nice as this appears any cheaper.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts