Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am starting my build frame off and noticed that the frame is lower in the rear passenger side. I leveled frame front to rear side to side and it is approx 1/2 in lower than the drivers side. It appears to begin at the lower control arm perches where it is about 1/8 in out of level. Is there a way to correct this?

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Take it to a frame shop and let them straighten it out. Not very expensive if you have the frame already separated from the body.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
This is far more common than you would think. Pontiacs have a quirky weight bias that runs diagonally from the front drivers side to the rear passenger side. We have balanced cars on frame pin balancers and observed the run out to the passenger rear. Just one more reason a big horsepower Pontiac picks up the driver side front wheel at the strip. geeteeohguy is right it is an easy fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks I will take it to a frame shop, as I just ordered the mini tub kit from ABC performance can't wait to get started my ls2 just arrived aslo

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
you may have seen a tropical lime 71 Judge hanging around Palmer about 7 or 8 years ago. Original very tired Judge. It's now restored to new condition and lives in Huntington Beach Ca.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
I guess thats where we get the GTO lean from. Tropical Lime is not a color i would pic but i saw one last year at a show and it was a stunning car with the multicolor stripes.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Tropical lime isn't a color that anyone picked in 71. This car was ordered by Alaska Sales and Service back in the day and I have a picture that a magazine editor gave me showing the same car sitting on the back lot looking like they were hiding it. He took the picture when he was in the military stationed in Alaska in 1971.I really like it now but wouldn't have ordered one in 71. At that time we all had copper tone and avocado appliances in our kitchens. Times have changed.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Yeah you can see a picture before and after it was restored on our website at Surfcitygarage.com go to the virtual tour button

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Thanks it was pretty rough when I got it but totally complete. Even still had the original build sheet on top of the fuel tank and one under the back seat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks it was pretty rough when I got it but totally complete. Even still had the original build sheet on top of the fuel tank and one under the back seat.
Nice, sure wish I could spend more time on mine but I travel sometimes every week, paper work every night, plus working weekends right now to catch up. I think the place Im getting my wheels from is around you Boze wheels.

·
Premium Member
73 Posts
Boze Alloys are about 2 miles from our shop. Looks like you have a really good start just hang in there and work on it when you can before you know it you'll be on the road. These guys on this forum are a great bunch of guys to help keep you motivated when you feel the need for inspiration.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts