Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a car with no keys. I can change out the locks but I can not get into the trunk to be able to change the lock. I took the back seat out and attached a flat screwdriver to the end of a short pole. Then I reached in and tried to turn the rear of the lock slot. I can turn it about 90 degrees in one direction but the trunk will not pop. What am I doing wrong? Do I have to drill the lock out?

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
On my '64 Tempest racecar I drilled out the lock, then a long thin screwdriver fits into the slot that you can turn and open the trunk. I'll try to look for pictures tonight.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a similar situation but it was on a 69 though, I took the existing door lock cylinder to a lock smith and he was able to cut a key from the lock cylinder , not sure which lock cylinder on your car shares the same key as the trunk ,maybe the glove box??
the locksmith charged me 42.00 including the key

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved.)) One of my friends was small enough to fit through the seat bracing and into the trunk. He was able to remove the clip from behind the lock cylinder and I was able to pull the lock out. I was able to get my head and one shoulder through the hole but he just slipped right in, turned around and came back out. He really made my day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts