Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
RIP (12/27/60-7/18/15)
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any idea the best place to buy (online) a radiator.
Thanks as always.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
Any idea the best place to buy (online) a radiator.
Thanks as always.
"Best" is tough to judge... Do you want max cooling or do you want factory original appearance? Tough to get both in one package.

I bought mine for my 69 from Mark 7 Radiator (google for them) and am very happy, but it's aluminum with twin electric fans - about as far from stock appearing as you can get.

Bear

·
Registered
73 Posts
Take a look at U.S. Radiator, they have a large selection. Their stuff can be bought from some of the major restoration houses for a better price than shown on their site, but for info it's a good source.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Bear!.... I am thinking of going the same route....how thick is your radiator, including the fans and shroud???????? I got limited space! THANKS, Eric

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
For a "factory" appearing or for a fabricated radiator, Afco offer both and has a great product at a very reasonable price. They also offer single or dual electric fans with a custom aluminum shroud.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Reviving this post after 1 1/2 years. My factory rad has sprung a leak, so it'll need to be replaced. I like what I see wth the Afco that ALKY suggested. Want to keep a somewhat original look, in black, wondering if I can use the original fan shroud, 7 blade fan w/clutch and if these are suitable for an A/C car. Or is there a better replacement out there. Got the front bumper and grille inserts out, so now's the time to replace. Thanks for any suggestions/ideas.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts