Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a front disc brake conversion from Right Stuff and realized it wouldn't work with the old lines. The proportioning valve used to be mounted on the frame, the new one mounts it underneath the master. Bought a complete stainless line kit and tried to install everything last night. Most went well but I had trouble with the front passenger side line. I couldn't get the thing routed right and by the time I was done screwing with the thing I ended up trashing the line. I have a replacement on the way, Right Stuff is replacing it for free, just had to pay shipping since I want it overnighted. Anyways I need any input or pictures to help me get this thing routed right this time. Right Stuff said they don't have anything to show how they should be routed. Seems weird as they are pre bent and they obviously had to have something to design their pre bent lines and everything. If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm good, got it all figured out. Went from manual drums all the way around to front discs with power. Huge difference, I love it!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a front disc brake conversion from Right Stuff and realized it wouldn't work with the old lines. The proportioning valve used to be mounted on the frame, the new one mounts it underneath the master. Bought a complete stainless line kit and tried to install everything last night. Most went well but I had trouble with the front passenger side line. I couldn't get the thing routed right and by the time I was done screwing with the thing I ended up trashing the line. I have a replacement on the way, Right Stuff is replacing it for free, just had to pay shipping since I want it overnighted. Anyways I need any input or pictures to help me get this thing routed right this time. Right Stuff said they don't have anything to show how they should be routed. Seems weird as they are pre bent and they obviously had to have something to design their pre bent lines and everything. If anyone could help with this it would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well here we are--5 years later and I have the same ??????--- how did you do with the front right brake line?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Perhaps I should say I am working on a 64 gto with 67 ram air exhaust manifolds.......I am installing all 67 Master -Booster. so I have all original style parts..... the frame is the same-- so should work--thanks for the help--

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm having issues with the 1967 distribution block mounted on the inner side of the frame being pushed against by the Header. The hard lines are SS, and I am wondering if it would be better to relocate the block using SS braided lines to move it to the firewall

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
On my 67, I was able to mount on the frame in the stock location, but I am running standard manifolds.

Many pictures I have seen show the block just hanging below the master cylinder by the brake lines or using a bracket for that purpose. Maybe look at what Inline Tube has.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts