Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi....my mechanic suspects that my centre link may not be the correct one....Does anybody know what is difference between the 64-65, 66-67, & 68-72 GTO centre link, other than the thickness?? he feels that the small arms connected to the centre link are not pointing dead straight ahead and this is possibly because the centre link is not the right one, possibly i have a centre link off a 68 or 65 gto....but are they different ?...thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
hi....my mechanic suspects that my centre link may not be the correct one....Does anybody know what is difference between the 64-65, 66-67, & 68-72 GTO centre link, other than the thickness?? he feels that the small arms connected to the centre link are not pointing dead straight ahead and this is possibly because the centre link is not the right one, possibly i have a centre link off a 68 or 65 gto....but are they different ?...thanks
The steering arms should not be "pointing dead straight ahead" they are slightly tilted inward to allow clearance for the brake drums and backing plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts