Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently replaced the floor on our 67 Gto convertible and are reassebleing the car. I can’t find the correct location to cut the hole in the body for the linkages of the shifter. I know it’s on top of the tranny tunnel but does anyone have measurements and or pictures. It’s been too many years for us to remember.

·
Registered
707 Posts
If you have the shifter tunnel, Set it on the floor hump and place were all points of the flange make contact.
This will put it exactly where you need to mark it and make cutout. Once you have this outer edge marked leave about an 1" for mounting flange.
Sorry didn't record any measurements.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have the shifter tunnel, Set it on the floor hump and place were all points of the flange make contact.
This will put it exactly where you need to mark it and make cutout. Once you have this outer edge marked leave about an 1" for mounting flange.
Sorry didn't record any measurements.
Im not doing a manual. Sorry I wasn’t specific. We have the automatic console shifter with the his/hers set up. I remember the hole was just a circular hole but I don’t remember how big it should be or exactly where the hole needs to be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like GTOJunior did post pics of an auto floor pan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I’m sorry. You’re right. Thank you GTOJunior. I saw they were all manual swap pictures but I didn’t realize the floor still had the automatic hole I was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts