Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i been looking for a real nice investment grade 67 gto, i would prefer the HO motor and have found a few in my searching, i am wondering what the value difference is if anyone can really say, assuming all alse is equal how much more would the HO motor add to the value of the car verse say same car with stock 400 motor? ......also any thoughts on what value convertible might adds verse hardtop ?....thanks

·
Registered
855 Posts
Considering there were 13,827 HO 67's the Old Cars Price Guide don't even have a add to base cost. Now on the 67's RA cars it does say add at least 25% to the price. Myself I think that should include the HO cars, but there were only 751 RA cars. And you will always pay 2 to 7 grand more for a convertible on a average..Les:cheers

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The '67 HO cars don't get the same respect as the '64-'66 Tripower cars, although they were basically the same upgrade. Probably because they were 4 barrels, just like the base cars, and hard to tell apart at a glance. The ram air cars, as stated, are a whole different animal. The HO cars SHOULD rate at least a 15% premium, but I haven't seen that happening in the past 20 years or so. Overall vehicle condition, and matching numbers seem to be the criteria for pulling down premium prices.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts