Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking at a 67 gto convertable, I have only had one look and so far I know this: the top needs to be replaced, it has a 400 that runs, owner says that the only thing that is not stock is the carb. I would really like to purchase the car but I would like to know what are some of the pit falls of a gto that has been sitting for at least 10 years. Are there any deal breakers?
(stuff that is prohibitively expensive to repair) Thanks in advance for any advice.
scotiadave

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Look for signs of rust and/or repairs to the common areas such as the tail panel, rear quarters, front fenders behind the tires, windshield channel, floor pans and the trunk pan. Inspect the boxed frame to verify there are no major rust problems.

Verify all of the numbers on the drive train to confirm his claims of the car being original. If you need help with the casting numbers, feel free to post your questions.

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
:agree From past experiance...be VERY careful of chassis rust out on a convertible....especially just in front of the rear wheels, and just behind the front wheels......:cheers eric

1 - 3 of 3 Posts