Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well like the title says I have a '67 GTO I am in the process of restoring. It's not numbers matching and the color combo won't even be right, but I am doing the car for me, not for resale.

Anyways the body just went out for blasting and primer. Once that is done I am going to talk to the guy about where to go from there. I plan on doing the car red and blacking out the engine bay. Well this shop does paint and powdercoat. He suggested powdercoating the engine bay rather than painting it. More durable and if I drop a tool or something it won't hurt it. I don't know if this is a good idea or not. I have never heard of anyone doing this but he says it's pretty common. What do you all think?

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:seeya: As you can see from my avatar, I have a bit of a 67 project myself...:eek:
How does he powdercoat the firewall....:confused I can see having an oven big enough for the inner fenders but what about the core support ? Is he talking just the inners ? Yes, that has become fairly common but he needs to match the gloss to the rest of the compartment or it will look out of place instead of blending.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
The engine compartments were originally all black, anyway. It will probably end up looking pretty correct, and very nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts