Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here's the story. Ordered the plastic seat backs from OPG and tried to install on recently restored 67 bucket seats. the fit was awful and not even close to lining up especially with original screw holes on the bottom and the seat back button was way off too. Noticed the seat backs were stamped "The Parts Place". OPG took them back with no problem and suggested I try Ames Performance. So I did and the Ames product looks like better quality but the area at the top where the seat backs hang on the 2 clips are too deep and prevents the seat back from fitting up against the seat frame. there is over a 1/2" of space easy. that also keeps me from being able to line up the seat back release button. Ames tech told me he didn't have a 67 seat to test fit his seat backs on after we confirmed my seat backs are the same length and width as his in the warehouse. So I asked if I could return the item if I attempt to trim the upper mounting point on the seat back, and of course he said no. I think it's crazy I can't find an exact replacement part that fits without an issue so has anyone had this issue. And what was the solution. I'm willing to mod the panel if there is no other option. Please help:crying:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to ask .... Does anyone know if the clips that screw in to the seat frame that the seat backs hang on are available anywhere? I have 2 but need 2.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts