Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I finally got one....Anyone know where it belongs. On the console. Where exactly? How do I mount it? Where do the vacuum line and light wire route to ? I gotta get me a shop manual..... Thanks, Eric A

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Well I finally got one....Anyone know where it belongs. On the console. Where exactly? How do I mount it? Where do the vacuum line and light wire route to ? I gotta get me a shop manual..... Thanks, Eric A
Seen vacuum gauges mounted on the console under the dashboard above. Exactly where to mount, I don't know.

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
The vacuum line can go to manifold vacuum or "T" into your vacuum advance or transmission modulator,

The power wire can tap into one of the gray wires behind the dash cluster or the gray wire going to the top of the radio or the back of the heater control.

I've seen them mounted under the dash and on the console,

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Eric------I've only seen them on '66 and earlier cars. They were all mounted to the console, way up front, not for from the dash/carpet area. They BOLTED on!!! HOLEs in the console!!!! : )
Jeff

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Now I am really confused!!:eek: maybe I will just use it as a paper wieght.......:cheers Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts