Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the gto scene so i am trying to get some info. I am thinking about getting a 67 gto it needs some work I believe new paint and stuff. It is a true gto but the numbers on the drive tran dont match they are out of a different year or somthing not to sure on that. The guy is asking 5000 for it i know that it is hard to know if that is a good deal by not seeing it but what do you think? Also what do you think that this gto could be worth once fixed up with the drive tran not being original. I really want to get a muscle car so that I can learn about restoring a old car i have people to help me. Do you think that this is a good car to learn on? thanks a lot

·
Registered
139 Posts
My dad just sold my 70 GTO in PA for $4000 and it sounds like the 67 is in about the same shape as mine was. My dad said that he had around 30+ individuals look at it and nobody tried to even talk him down. My personal belief is that GTO's are hard to find and they are worth some money to the right individual. To answer your question about how much will it be worth in the future depends on what you do to it and if the buyer is willing to pay top dollar for the work that was done on it. I wouldn't wait to long on purchasing it if you seriously want it--good luck!

·
Registered
35 Posts
:agree .......5k seems to be a good deal on a 67 I would snatch it up baring any major issues like rust through of the frame or being in a major accident eg. bent or twisted frame. As for the moter and trans. not matching I would't think it would be a big deal unless you want it back to matching #'s. I've only seen a few intences where it would make a huge resale mater, if it were a rare engine trans. for that year, hp rateing, three duces, 4 speed so on and so on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts