Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 67 headrests will work on 68 seats? I always though they weren't available on a 68 but apparently they were an option? I can get I think all the correct parts from OPGI but i have no idea how to install or if it will even work.
Any advice would be awesome.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
Does anyone know if 67 headrests will work on 68 seats? I always though they weren't available on a 68 but apparently they were an option? I can get I think all the correct parts from OPGI but i have no idea how to install or if it will even work.
Any advice would be awesome.

I don't think OPGI or anyone else sells all the parts to add the headrests on to non-headrest seats. I purchased a set of buckets from a 1969 Olds Cutlass S out of a pull-a-part not long ago (was a surprise to see that!) that were junk, but had the headrests which I want to add to my '68 seats. The back of the seats have additional brackets welded in there to accept the headrests. I believe what is being offered through OPGI and others are those parts that wear out and/or go bad, along with the headrests themselves.

Now I may be wrong, but that's what I am seeing. They may have a complete kit or the parts to weld in for the seat backs. So, I would email them (or any other restoration supplier) to confirm.

Like myself, it may be easier to purchase bucket seats out of another GM car to get the headrest bracketry and add to yours. You might even be able to use the brackets from any GM car that had the split bench seats with headrests. Just a thought. Check any local junk yards, pull-a-parts, swap meets, and craigslistings. You may find something right around the corner from you. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts