Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I’m new to the forum and I’ve searched for some time on here and online on how to remove the pinchweld molding on a 67 lemans convertible. I’m helping a friend because he’s not too computer savvy and his old clips are breaking so the molding is popping up. He ordered a new kit that comes with 12 clips. I’ve read that people use butyl tape on the pinchweld or something to keep water out? Either way I was hoping someone could help me in how to remove this molding without destroying it so we can replace the clips to hold it in. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that’s helps, we may add the screw to help. But I still can’t find how to pop it off. Seems like the clips are in a channel in the trim and then you need to somehow pry it off the pinchweld. I just don’t want to damage perfectly good 52 year old trim.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ha what a hoot. That's my website.
If you want to remove the convertible well trim, you must remove the side "reveal" trim where the quarter windows are. Once removed, you will see screws that were covered up. Remove those screws and you can now pull off the well trim.
I didn't have luck with the original clips alone, so that's why I added an additional screw in the middle, which is covered up by the overlapping piece
Good luck. If you have more questions, email me...should be on the website.
Dave (squidtone)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts