Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to acquire the 67 Lemans pictured below and the lower body trim has been bugging me. It seems too short and I can see a hole (circled in red) that appears to be an attachment point right where the trim ends.

Is this the correct trim? If not, does anyone make reproductions?

The car should be arriving Thursday or Friday so I can take better pictures then if necessary.

Attachments

·
Registered
659 Posts
Those are way wrong, may not even be Pontiac. Ames Performance has repro's that are correct. Google 67 lemans and click on images and you will see what's correct for your car. Order a free catalog while you are on Ames site, very handy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the confirmation everyone. I had done some googling and the moldings didn't look anything like what I was seeing. Hopefully whoever put them on didn't make any permanent modifications to get them to fit.

Looks like I'll need Ames part #F251KL and F251KR.

I'll be going over the car with closely this weekend and making a list of things that are missing and need work so I can prioritize things. I'm sure I'll have a lot more questions.

Can't wait to finally drive it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm trying to find some dash parts now. I'm looking for the handle that's above the glove box in the picture below.

I have the "Grab Bar Lucite" and "Grab Bar Bezels" in my 67 but I'm missing the actual grab bar. I can't seem to find one at Ames, Year One, or OPGI.

Is "Grab Bar" the correct term for it? Does anyone reproduce these? Anyone know of someone selling originals?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
What color of molded '67 grab bar?
May have an extra black or gold one, have parted a lot of '67's and still have a lot of detail parts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts