Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 pontiac lemans that originally had an inline 6 ohc, but now has a 389 bored over 60. The car has gabriel hijacker air shocks that are bad and am looking to buy the same thing. The two that fit my car have a light duty and heavy duty suspension, but I'm not sure which one I need. So if anyone has information on if my car has heavy duty or normal suspension. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You may not like my response but I have used air shocks on a 67 LeMans and a 65 gto. It ruined the upper shock mounts on both cars. I have learned my lesson and now replace springs if I am looking to change the stance of my car. Just trying to save you some grief my friend.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Get some decent shocks and if you want a lifted look install some air lift bags inside the coils. Air shocks are just a bad idea period.
But, if you still want air shocks just look up applications for an 67 El Camino.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've been running a simulated Factory Super Lift (Air Shocks) set up in my '66 for over twenty years with NO issues what so ever.
The problem with most who chose to use them do so as a band-aid for old/worn suspensions.
If your springs are sprung, ;) air shocks are not the fix.
If set with proper, not full air pressure along with good springs and bushings you should have the same results.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts