Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While begining a headliner replacement on my 67', I found, that under the sail panel "earmufs" there are provisions (holes with tabs for screws) on each side for courtesy lights.
I've searched around a bit, without any success. So, my question is; do they exist? ...or am I chasing unicorns?
One way or another, I think they'd look pretty cool in there.
I'd apreciate any sugestions!

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Those cut outs are for use in other GM A-body cars (olds, Buick). Puttting lights in them would be incorrect for GTO. It's your car!, do as you please.....Eric:cheers

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I don't know about '67's, but I had an early '66 GTO that had the dual "map lights" instead of a central dome light. They were near but not actually on the sail panel area. The car actually was a pre-sail panel '66, having headliner all the way to the package tray. I agree with Eric and Alky: no lamps on the panels themselves.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Yeah, Eric....I can see it now: The wife navigating with the map lights, checking out hi-end retaurant locations while you're doing a wheelstand, heading towards central Manhattan....a thoroughly sophisticated and refined Juvenile Delinquent!!

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
LMAO GeeTee....that car needs landing lights not map lights....:D and do you really think Eric would give the valets the keys w/o a fight

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
If the parking valet's got ahold of Eric's keys, his goat would end up just like the classic Ferarri on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"....airborne over a RR crossing at about 160mph!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts