Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for 1967 GTO post my Uncle once owned. I do not have the VIN#.
I know only a few of the particulars on the car like last known color, engine, interior color and last known city, state. Are there any registries that show documneted GTO owners. Any hints on how i can start to track this car?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
I've been searching for my first car which was a 67 GTO hardtop for 30 years and I have the VIN number. The tag office will only tell me the car is not registered and hasn't been since records have been computerized.

I've made phone calls to the guys family who purchased the car with no success. I finally gave up and found a 67 which looks like the one I had.

Good luck with your search,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good luck.. I happened to buy mine back after I sold it 5 years ago.. I really lucked out because it sat in a garage the whole time.. :party:

·
Registered
161 Posts
i got mine back after 3 years.
poor guy had it all paid for except for 550 dollars,,,no payment in 4 months convinced me to repossess it.i was too relaxed on him
payoff time was 18 months,,,i repoed it after oweing on it after 3 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I Have not found mine since I sold it to a gentleman in Eau Claire, Wisconsin in 1983. It had a custom California Plate# H O GTO He was on Business in San Jose Ca. when he spotted my car for sale in a Parking Garage. And Yes it was a real H O with YZ block with an added Ram Air set up. Just miss her wondering where she is...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts