Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I am new here so hopefully this goes well and I don't offend anyone.

I have what I believe a 67 GTO trans case lying around and wonder if maybe someone could use it or place a value on it. The only information I have off the case is a small ID tag stamped with a "P top left" a "S top right" and the "PS-67-2458" along the bottom. Is there anywhere else that IDs the case, or is the case from something else?

I looked on the web and came up with 67 GTO 400/4barrel, but I am not sure if this would be correct. I can post a photo of the tag if that will help and when I figure that out.

I have been holding onto the case think I might use it, but it has been a while and I don't think I will be.

Thanks you for any information

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Where are you? I could use it.....My '67 GTO has a '67 Buick TH400 that was in the car when I got it in '83. Would love to have a PS coded trans. You have just the case? Core transmissions are going for about $100-$300, but that's for the whole trans. If you have just the case, and it's not damaged, I would be willing to work with you...I'm in CA. My car is all #'s matching except the trans, so a PS case would make it 'correct'.
Jeff

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am in the Chicago area, and the trans is complete not just the case. I don't think it has ever been apart either.

Let me get some photos when I have a chance and the I can post them, but it maybe a week or two.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dragging this back from the dead. Do you have a picture of the tag?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts