Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help. I have a 67 GTO I bought new. Timing cover has never been changed. I have a new water pump, 8 bolt, from a major GTO supplier. It does not align well with the timing housing on the lower left side, and makes such a narrow capture of the gasget, that it leaks there. Was there more than one design of the 8 bolt pump, or is it just cheap China junk? It was touted as higher volume, more efficient, and not inexpensive. Thanks for comments. ed

·
Super Moderator
5,790 Posts
Need help. I have a 67 GTO I bought new. Timing cover has never been changed. I have a new water pump, 8 bolt, from a major GTO supplier. It does not align well with the timing housing on the lower left side, and makes such a narrow capture of the gasget, that it leaks there. Was there more than one design of the 8 bolt pump, or is it just cheap China junk? It was touted as higher volume, more efficient, and not inexpensive. Thanks for comments. ed
Sounds to me like it might be the latter. There's only one 8-bolt pump pattern as far as I know, but I've been wrong before...

Bear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts