Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some serious help.

pops ordered those rally II wheels from year one in staggered 17x9 and 8.

he wants to see how it looks if anyone has them on a 64-7. all i have seen on is 68+.

what is the biggest tire in the rear i can put on it and what is a good overall size in the front to use?

he also wants the redline tires.

hes driving me nuts so any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i do know the rears are 5" backspace and the front is 4.5" i was thinking of 275 for the rear but what sidewall? same with the front?

he wants it to sit level too. when i was looking at tires the original tires were 25.6 overall height. i tried to find a rear close to that but it was a 245/50/17. i cant put that on all four its gonna look funny with the wider wheel on the back.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
backspace will be fine you want to keep the rears close to the 25.5" for speedo accuracy, 275/40 ?? fronts you will want a little smaller for some rake as they sit high in the front stock say 245/50 Check out Erictheanimals 67' that should give you the look

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Check out nturner on this forum. Go to his home page. He's a friend of mine up in Stockton and has 17" Hurst wheels on his '67 GTO ragtop. There's a great pic on his home page.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
backspace will be fine you want to keep the rears close to the 25.5" for speedo accuracy, 275/40 ?? fronts you will want a little smaller for some rake as they sit high in the front stock say 245/50 Check out Erictheanimals 67' that should give you the look
no i was going to use 245 for the front and 275 for the rear. too wide in front will rub and be nothing but a headache and will track all over the place.

i really liked the stance on that black one with the bandits. looks really nice. he didnt post tire size tho. i posted there to see if he will answer. hope so will save alot of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts