Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my wiper arm assembly is in need of replacing. My arms have a built on "spoiler" so that the wind keeps the blade flush to the WS...is this the factory set up ??? Where is a good place to find an OEM replacement- used OEM . Thanks...boy I miss old junk yards !!

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
One of my wiper arm assembly is in need of replacing. My arms have a built on "spoiler" so that the wind keeps the blade flush to the WS...is this the factory set up ??? Where is a good place to find an OEM replacement- used OEM . Thanks...boy I miss old junk yards !!
I don't think those are factory, Ames has the arms and blade sets.
They are 1" shorter but are stainless like the originals.
Page 120 part # G140.

Ames Performance Engineering, Classic GTO Parts, Firebird Parts, and Full Size Pontiac restoration parts.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the confusion....my arms are fine....it's the stainless piece that holds the rubber blade...and like I said that piece that holds the rubber blade has a "spoiler" or wind catcher to apply force when driving...to help and apply pressure the rubber blade against the windshield .

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Not original. Aftermarket '70's-'80's stuff. You'll have to hunt around for stainless blades, but they are out there. I keep refilling my originals. Black blades look like crap on these cars, so I feel your pain.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
those are anco anti-wind lift blades. the early sets are stainless steel. you can still find them on e-bay for around $50. a set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts