Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attached is a couple pics of my endura bumper cracks. Does the repair require the cracks be V’ed out and filled with a 2 part flexible filler….or can they repaired by just painting with an epoxy primer?
Hood Automotive design Wood Automotive exterior Tints and shades

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive exterior Bumper Fender

· Registered
7,374 Posts
Attached is a couple pics of my endura bumper cracks. Does the repair require the cracks be V’ed out and filled with a 2 part flexible filler….or can they repaired by just painting with an epoxy primer?
View attachment 159403
View attachment 159404

Read through this forum post. Begin down near the bottom of the page, Post #229, and go from there.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My cracks look a little deeper. I’ll start with sanding, if they still have depth I’ll consider V grinding and filler. Last thing I want is to have the cracks come back after the car is painted.
Was hoping someone with similar cracks would chime in with what they did to resolve them for good.

· Registered
7,374 Posts
My cracks look a little deeper. I’ll start with sanding, if they still have depth I’ll consider V grinding and filler. Last thing I want is to have the cracks come back after the car is painted.
Was hoping someone with similar cracks would chime in with what they did to resolve them for good.
The above post did not help? USE the "Search Community" search engine at the top of the page and there are other posts you may find helpful. I did see a post that metnioned V-grinding the crack.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’ve viewed site posts and internet YouTube videos. Some say just epoxy primer, while others are V grind then 3M flexible filler and epoxy primer. Seems it depends on the extent of the crack. Wanted others feedback as a few stated their cracks came back.

· Registered
564 Posts
Hi Batesgar.

From your pictures the cracking appears to be in the finish. You may want to strip the existing finish before attempting to correct any blemishes. I assume that you’re unable to determine whether the correct flex agents were used in the paint currently on the endura.

If the cracks are in the paint you may need little application specific filler and primer to remedy.

· Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sEd the bumper and find the cracks go thru the paint. I’ve started to grind then down into the black sub material with a small Dremel bit to assure they don’t come back. I’ll use some of that flexible 2 part filler and sand flat. Final spray will be with an epoxy paint. I’ll keep the thread updated with pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts