Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Next question….I’m looking for the bolts to attach the endrua bumper to the frame. Ames has the kit and states bolting to the “impact bar”. Is this the metal part on the top of the core support?

· Registered
571 Posts
Next question….I’m looking for the bolts to attach the endrua bumper to the frame. Ames has the kit and states bolting to the “impact bar”. Is this the metal part on the top of the core support?
I believe these are what is being referred to as the “impact bars”. Note, they are different between hideaways and non-hideaway. You’ll need items #8 “bolt, bracket to reinforcement“ and item #12 on the diagram “bolt frame bar to frame”. Both also require washers and nuts.
Pontiac A-Body 1968 - 1969 Endura Bumper Frame Brackets GTO LeMans Tempest 68 69 | eBay

Font Parallel Paper Engineering Drawing

· Registered
571 Posts
I believe these are what is being referred to as the “impact bars”. Note, they are different between hideaways and non-hideaway. You’ll need items #8 “bolt, bracket to reinforcement“ and item #12 on the diagram “bolt frame bar to frame”. Both also require washers and nuts.
Pontiac A-Body 1968 - 1969 Endura Bumper Frame Brackets GTO LeMans Tempest 68 69 | eBay

View attachment 159361
Correction - the eBay listing is for LeMans bumper brackets. The GTO endura brackets we’re more heavy duty.

In terms of mounting hardware you will also need item #2 plus washers and nuts.

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses and pic.
I‘ve seen this impact bar on eBay, but not in Ames which typically carry’s everything. This impact bar is metal and attaches to the bottom of the endura bumper and similar in pattern to the plastic part that’s on the top of the bumper and fills the space between the bumper and core support.
My bumper doesn’t have this lower impact bar. Is it standard on the GTO endura bumper or only on the GTO or Lemans chrome bumper?
The pic also shows the two inner bumper supports (#3) that strengthen the bumper near the points you would use to jack up the bumper. I have these, so I assume they are standard for the GTO endura bumper.
The pic also shows the two bumper stabilizers (#7,8,9). I have one of these, so again assume they are standard for the GTO endura bumper.
Lastly, my car has the rubber gasket between the bumper and fender on only the driver side. Is this indicative the driver fender is off another car….or a car with a chrome fender?

· Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, the standard is the 3 to 2 bracket For the endura bumper.
I’ve also determined that the impact bar is standard at the bottom of the chrome bumper. Not used on the endura bumper.
The inner bumper support bracket (heavy metal “L” shape) and stabilizers (2) are standard on the endura bumper.
Lastly, the driver fender with the rubber gasket is a replacement fender off a chrome bumper car. Guess it could be GTO, Lemans or Tempest?

· Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Chrome bumper had the fender gasket. The endura bumper is nearly flush with the fender. And don't expect a perfect fit. The bumper never matched the fenders even when new. The only way to fender match is to add or shave material to the endura.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts