Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a Verrado green 68 GTO. Believe it or not they're three in my area; including mine. I about to do a repaint and considering doing a little custom touch - I am thinking about painting the ram air scoop areas and the rubber nose black. I'm thinking it will set off and blend well with the black vinyl top. Thought I would ask for forum advice to help with my decision.... Let me know what YOU think. Thanks

·
Registered
677 Posts
me ...

scoops .... yah ok

front bumper black ...... n o

rear bumper green ? maybe

all 3 are probably GTO/s tooo not many people would clone their Lemans to
a GTO and paint it vedero green ........

yours probably is the only vinyl top car tho ... ??

Scott

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
So I have a Verrado green 68 GTO. Believe it or not they're three in my area; including mine. I about to do a repaint and considering doing a little custom touch - I am thinking about painting the ram air scoop areas and the rubber nose black. I'm thinking it will set off and blend well with the black vinyl top. Thought I would ask for forum advice to help with my decision.... Let me know what YOU think. Thanks

Do not paint the nose black. Look at these pics. Black may not stand out so well on Vedero Green. I might go with an off white, light tan, or even light green to add some contrast.

Do the 1968 GTO "Royal Pontiac" scheme. The design is said to have been made by George Barris of custom car fame. Also, there is the well known 1969 RA IV car in blue with white accents. A white with gold was also produced and sold.

If you wanted to go further, you could add the Royal offered nose/fender/door pinstriping that terminated into the Royal emblem. The Royal emblems are available repopped. I have a set and they are pretty nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW. I really like that hood/nose application. I thinking that's what I have been looking for... thanks Jim.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts

For what it’s worth here’s mine with a black nose and hood. I’ll eventually go all back to green when I get to paint but this might help you get a visual on a 68

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with Ponitac Jim's advice. Will try to attach pic of new paint on hood and nose. Yeah Pontiac Royal Bobcat... Thanks for taking the time to send the pic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts