Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don’t think I had more than 1 crank pulley when I took it apart so many years ago but maybe I did. The crank and the power steering pulley are not aligned. Does anyone know why that might be? If they did line up it looks like they would hit each other. I’ve searched but can’t figure it out. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Figued it out. I removed the pulleys and found that the crank pulley was from a 70-71 and that is why it didn’t align. How I got that one who knows. Unfortunately I had to buy another for $65.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Figued it out. I removed the pulleys and found that the crank pulley was from a 70-71 and that is why it didn’t align. How I got that one who knows. Unfortunately I had to buy another for $65.

Thanks for the photos and the follow up fix. No doubt it will help another Pontiac enthusiast in the future. With the age of these engines and the ones we buy to rebuild, it is not uncommon to find pulleys swapped around or the wrong ones thrown into "the deal" only to come off a car that was earlier or later and just doesn't quite work. :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts