Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
also depends a little on options like power steering or hidden headlights.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Sorry for the delay.
This is "all stock" based on my research, for a 4sp (so w/ 5 port thermo vacuum switch) PS, PB, Hidden headlights. Also has the vacuum retard module (the 3 port cylinder to the left) to the 1 year only dual port distributor vacuum advance / retard you can't see in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sorry for the delay.
This is "all stock" based on my research, for a 4sp (so w/ 5 port thermo vacuum switch) PS, PB, Hidden headlights. Also has the vacuum retard module (the 3 port cylinder to the left) to the 1 year only dual port distributor vacuum advance / retard you can't see in the pic.
Helpful photo. Thanks for posting. Carb in that pic is for an automatic transmission.

I am still on the hunt for a photo of a 1968 7028273 carb to see if it has the tube in the base behind the vacuum pull off. I have yet to see a 273 carb with that tube.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
This is PN7028267 for the carb in the picture (WS code engine). Matches Tom DeMauro's book page 52, which agrees with Eric White's book page 33.

You are also correct (I'd forgotten I did add the shiny vacuum manifold that has one extra port. My car was "born with" manual brakes.

The other picts are ones I found on web of a supposedly all original 1968 HO.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
7028267 is correct for WS applications but shouldn't have a vacuum port on the front to the upper left of the fuel inlet (as you look at the carb). That port is used for shift modulation in automatic transmissions.

I know Carter made some carbs for GM to supplement Rochester. Maybe they installed that fitting and then capped it for manual trans usage?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts