Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 68 GTO that has 400 emblems on the rocker panel moldings, in the same location that Tempest would have 350.

Have any of you seen this before? Trying to figure out what's going on with those.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Most likely your GTO's stainless rocker trim was damaged or lost with previous owners and a previous owner replaced the rocker trim with pieces from a '68 or 69 2 door LeMans that had the emblem piercing holes and 350 emblems. If the moldings are anodized aluminum, the entire moldings have been replaced with '70-72 pieces.

Pontiac first placed 400 emblems on the bottoms of the fenders (or on the rocker trim) of '70 Tempest/T-37 and '70-72 LeMans, & LeMans Sports. While this style of 400 emblem emblem began to be fairly hard to find in yards, they have reproduced for nearly 20 years. My '72 LeMans post still has its original 400 rocker trim emblems.

·
Registered
67 Posts
400 emblems

No 68 GTO I have ever owned had these. I have had 4 68's. And currently own 2. Previous reply was most likely correct in explanation.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. I've had a couple of 68 GTO's and neither of them had these either. I think Pinion head is right on point, in fact on closer inspection these appear to be fom a 70 Tempest or LeMans as the moldings are anodized aluminum.

I'd like to replace with correct moldings. These are in good shape, are they worth anything?

·
Registered
29 Posts
There's a Pontiac parts page on Facebook you could toss them on and see. I cant imagine they arent worth something. Shipping them would not be fun

1 - 5 of 5 Posts