Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all you folks trying to correctly paint and restore your injection molded plastic headlight doors. (painting them is a bitch) I was thrilled to find that The Parts Place Inc is now selling doors that are ready to install with the silver ribs already done. They are less money than the other guys too. When I received the shipment I actually called to ask if they were a new product, and they are! No more tedious painting! I got them from the website, not the eBay store. The eBay store ad still shows the ribs unpainted. The photo is of the doors, right out of the box!

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I messed around trying to restore my old ones for a month. I spent countless hours trying to get them right, and yes I'm a perfectionist. I'm thrilled with the new ones.

·
Registered
12 Posts
For all you folks trying to correctly paint and restore your injection molded plastic headlight doors. (painting them is a bitch) I was thrilled to find that The Parts Place Inc is now selling doors that are ready to install with the silver ribs already done. They are less money than the other guys too. When I received the shipment I actually called to ask if they were a new product, and they are! No more tedious painting! I got them from the website, not the eBay store. The eBay store ad still shows the ribs unpainted. The photo is of the doors, right out of the box!
I just called over there and they said the covers only come in black (not complete with silver). Do you have part numbers I can reference? Thanks for your time. It would be a time saver to get them complete!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just called over there and they said the covers only come in black (not complete with silver). Do you have part numbers I can reference? Thanks for your time. It would be a time saver to get them complete!

Disregard, they found them. Sales people didn't know about the change. '68 and '69 are complete and they are updating the pics on the website and EBay..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you figured it out with little help from me. When I ordered the covers, the description was all black. Imagine my surprise when they were ready to install. I hope you have the same good luck! I told them to update the websites.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Glad you figured it out with little help from me. When I ordered the covers, the description was all black. Imagine my surprise when they were ready to install. I hope you have the same good luck! I told them to update the websites.
Just got mine. Very happy, great quality and fitment. As you said cheaper than the Ames covers and complete. Thanks for the heads up!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts