Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one tell me how many body mounts hold the body to the frame on a 69 gto coupe. I thought there were 10 but I only see 8 that are bolted and 6 that are just the rubbers. Am I missing something ?

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
The attached file has the applicable page, straight out of the factory service manual.
1969 GTO Hardtop used 7 mounts on each side of the frame. 4 on each side used bolts, 3 on each side were just the solid rubber biscuits.

(In the diagram, model 4237 denotes GTO hardtop, model 4267 denotes GTO convertible)

Bear

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks bear. I thought there should have been another set bolts up in the spring perch. I have a extra set of mounts in my kit I will stick them up front where I can put a nut on it. Thanks again big help.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am doing a resto on my 1969 Goat. Where is the best place to buy body mounts? I am using a frame from a 1971 Olds 442. My original frame was not usable. Thanks. Enjoy ur day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm really happy with the OPGI body mount kit. It has extra's i didn't use but it's not all inclusive for GTO's either. The GTO vs. Lemans has additional mounts that OPGI does not explicitly disclose when you are looking at their complete body kit and you will need to also order the supplemental body mount kit. Check out post numbers 28 and 30 of my thread on this exact topic. I have an image there also of the location of the mounts in the diagram they supply versus the original mounts I removed.

https://www.gtoforum.com/f83/68-gto-resto-mad-max-meets-pro-tour-130082/index3.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts