Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what restoration guide would best show the details on a concourse restoration on a 69 GTO. My book just shows part no's and schematics. I need actual part finishes. I tried to search the archives and it seems like everyone has the same questions. Not any solid answers. I know about all the eastwood stuff but I need nut and bolt details.

If someone is trying to do a ultimate restoration for a high quality show car. Who is the expert. The last thing I want to do is tear a car down and put it back together only to have some judge pick it apart and tell me what I should have done.

HELP HELP HELP:willy:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. Anyone know who are the "GTO Experts" on details like correct over spray and silly stuff we all used to ignore years ago

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have a copy of his book, although its a great book it doesn't get in all the finishes. Right off the bat, no frame finish. It doesn't say flat, satin, 30%, 60% WTF. I'm at step 1 and already hit a road block. I've got a case of eastwood extreme chassis black ready to go this weekend unless I here otherwise.

check out Inline Tube - Preformed Stainless & OEM Brake Line Sets Now thats a frame resto.

There another guy on this forum who is having the same problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
what do you need?? I have every thing... pictures of every thing documentation of everything... make it if it doesnt exists anymore & have concours judgeing experience
in the process of full concours resto on my judge.. Its better than factory ever made it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts