Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
/Users/frankraspanti/Desktop/resize-1.asp.jpeg

Sorry, I have to fiqure out how to get the pictures on here. Why won't they just drag from the desktop?

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
At the bottom of this page, were you type in a Quick Reply, under the window were you type the message is two buttons, "Post Quick Reply" and "Go Advanced" use the Go Advanced, then under that window were you type in the Aditional Options section is another button "Manage Attachments"

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah I know. I have asked for more pictures so I'll show those as soon as they arrive. I'll hold off on giving in the asking price but as you can see, it's from a dealer so it will be on the high side.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The asking price for this numbers matching car is 26000.
I have not seen the engine bay but if its in line with the rest of the car, do you feel thats high?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I found it. Right away I found a misrepresentation. The Ralley II wheels are actually Cragers. I see no red line tires either, I see Radial TA's.

Now I am skeptical. I sent a request for more info and more pictures.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They also say black interior and it's green. I spoke to a saleman yesterday and he's working numbers for a trade. He did acknowledge the misprints- he is supposed to send me more pictures.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Looks nice Frank. $26k is certainly not out of line, if it is what it is. If the dealer acknowledged the misprint, then it may just have been an honest mistake. I'm sure that with all the classics this place deals with, they would have to be accurate. We all look at these ads with a jaded view, but it does look pretty nice. The WT code engine is indeed correct for 69 w/manual tranny.

mac

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you- that's how I felt so I'm going for it. I just hope they will not offer me a ridiculous price for the 05 GTO.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Whoa! I just checked the Blue book values of the new GTO's and they have dropped. Mine in Excellent condition is now 18000 trade in and 20000 for private party sales. Ouch Ouch and Ouch. . ..I'm not going to be able to justify this one to the misses.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Hey Frankie, here is a rule I live by...

Tell the Mrs. AFTER you complete the deed. This way you only catch hell once. If you tell her before hand you catch hell twice. Once for wanting to do it and then after you do it.

This way you only have to endure her wrath one time.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts