Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after spending an hour at the DMV (where, when asked about the size engine, was told to choose between 366 and 370 - which I assume to have been the HP listings for the standard 400 ci v. the Ram Air; sadly, I chose the 366), I finally got plates on my '69 all black GTO and went out for a ride.

First to fuel up, then to the hardware store for stainless screws to mount the plates. Between the gas station and the hardware store visits, had no fewer than 15 people stops and ask me about the car. Wow.

I haven't been this excited about owning a vehicle since I got my first Rampar BMX bike when I was 11.

Attachments

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Beautiful car OP. I'm not one to nitpick but the only thing that stands out to me is the GTO emblems on your fenders, the bar between the letters should be painted body color. Oh how I wish they had been individual letters from the factory but that's not how they did it. Paint those bars black and they will disappear and look much better.

Glad to see you have the next generation enjoying your GTO as well! My daughter loves riding in my car and I need to pick her up from school in it one day.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
get used to it, rarely park mine without coming out of the store to someone walking around it and starting a conversation.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts