Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I posted this in the wrong section previously.

I'm curious to know the casting code for a WS 400 from a 69 Judge. I understand the engine date should be Oct/Nov for early 4 speed Judges, however there seems to be discrepancies between casting (9792506 listed by PontiacPower.net) and (9790071 by Wallaceracing.com). I've seen both numbers used in discussion boards as the correct casting code and I'd really like to know which block is the correct one. Mine doesn't match in my car, so if I want to invest in a period correct block for my car, I'd like to have the correct casting code even if the serial number doesn't match.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I think I posted this in the wrong section previously.

I'm curious to know the casting code for a WS 400 from a 69 Judge. I understand the engine date should be Oct/Nov for early 4 speed Judges, however there seems to be discrepancies between casting (9792506 listed by PontiacPower.net) and (9790071 by Wallaceracing.com). I've seen both numbers used in discussion boards as the correct casting code and I'd really like to know which block is the correct one. Mine doesn't match in my car, so if I want to invest in a period correct block for my car, I'd like to have the correct casting code even if the serial number doesn't match.

Thoughts?
What I am seeing is the 9792506 cast was offered in 6 engines for 1969, 4 of those were used for the ram air III firebird (wq, yw, yh & xn, the remaining 2 were used for the ram air IV GTO (ww & xp), in my opinion the correct casting for the 1969 GTO RAIII is 9790071 (ws & yz). Hope this helps,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts