Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 69 GTO that is a total junk pile no motor no trans and very rusty. The owner said when he bought the car he was told it was a actual judge. The vin checks out thats its a gto. I read that the it would have had a rear spoiler and heavy duty torque rods. Well after looking at the trunk lid it does have holes where the spoiler would mount they are filled in with weld i guess when someone removed it. How do i tell if they are heavy duty torque rods are they noticeably thicker than standard rods? They look like normal rods to me but i don't really have anything to compare to. Is there any other ways to tell if this is a judge other than getting a phs. Thanks to anyone who can help me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i will do that, i have sent out for phs from Michigan before for cars that i have picked up in the U.S.. This is a Canadian car and i notice that there is a similar service through GM Canada. Do i need to go through the Canadian GM since this is a Canadian GTO or does it matter. I am on border town so i have both Canadian and U.S. adrreses does not matter to me. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
Ok i will do that, i have sent out for phs from Michigan before for cars that i have picked up in the U.S.. This is a Canadian car and i notice that there is a similar service through GM Canada. Do i need to go through the Canadian GM since this is a Canadian GTO or does it matter. I am on border town so i have both Canadian and U.S. adrreses does not matter to me. Thanks
I would send it here: PHS Historic Services

1 - 5 of 5 Posts