Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm a little disappointed. I thought a couple of guys would jump all over this! Where's ALKYGTO when u need him?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks to be old grafted on the new. Maybe 69 nose and trunk on a 04-06 GTO? Pretty cool car either way.

Reminds me of the 49 Ford kit that used to be available where you converted a 90's T-bird or Cougar to look like an old Ford.

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I know this car

Its a Sunfire that was hand built in scale to a Judge by a guy in Canada. He did an amazing job. The Ram Air is functional. I saw pics from its transformation. Everything was cut to scale including the hideaways the rear deck wing etc.

It won first place in its class at the GTOAA International Convention in Pittsburgh in 2014. I was with Tom Demaruo when he was with HPP when he did the photo shoot at Norwalk on this car back I think in 2011 or 2012. It appeared in HPP.

Like it or hate it ........ the craftsmanship on this car is second to none.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was amazed by this car! Its hard to even imagine it in your mind, let alone have the capability to make it reality. I'm going to guess there's not two of these around. My only question is, I thought somebody up at Norwalk said it was a Sunfire..... so its actually an old Sunbird?

·
Super Moderator
8,430 Posts
I was amazed by this car! Its hard to even imagine it in your mind, let alone have the capability to make it reality. I'm going to guess there's not two of these around. My only question is, I thought somebody up at Norwalk said it was a Sunfire..... so its actually an old Sunbird?
Yes its a sunfire not sunbird. Talking to the owner, his wife translates for him he speaks French. The power plant and interior is from a 05 or 06 GTO.

I heard many busting on the car in Norwalk. They lack appreciation for the creativity of it. Its a work of art.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well said sir, well said. I don't how anyone could not appreciate the idea and the workmanship of this car. Mark me down in the "love it" column.

·
Registered
31 Posts
BEAUTIFUL piece of work the person who did it has more talent then I could ever hope to have and a imagination to match. That being said if I had his talent I would have bought a old rusted hulk and restored it to my liking. Once again not trying to ding him or talk trash just my opinion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts