Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I am in the process of putting my interior in my 69. I want to install the vinyl woodgrain inserts on the lower dash. My issue is the dash bezels for the headlights, and cigar lighter. I am having a difficult time removing them and do not want to break them as they are original pieces. Also, will I need to remove the bezel around the wiper switch and rear window defogger, or are they part of the backer panel? Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your reply. Those pictures help and thanks for taking the time to post them. I believe the cigar lighter and headlight bezels are screwed on but I cannot seem to get them to unscrew, nor can I get the headlight knob to pull off. I am not sure what any of the previous owners did to them. I feel stupid even posting this problem! Something so simple is giving me a headache. lol.

·
Registered
422 Posts
In terms of the headlight knob removal. Have you pulled the knob all the way out/ to the on position and then pressed the small spring button on the back of the switch simultaneously when pulling the switch out the last bit.

Sometimes it takes a few tries.

·
Premium Member
2,682 Posts
Cigarette lighter unscrews from the back side. Remove wiring and light. Unscrew the housing, Pull lighter from the front.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts