Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Amazing. That thing just pulled the entire way. I'm curious though, what in the heck kind of "world record" are they talking about?
Dodge Viper made it down the track w/o blowing a hose or otherwise breaking :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
JESUS, 177 trap speed, i have no words to describe. thanks for the link i've never seen that before :cheers
even used a chute :willy:

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool I figured everyone had seen this and I would get flamed. I saw this video and I was speechless. That is one fast damn dodge.

·
Registered
170 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Amazing. That thing just pulled the entire way. I'm curious though, what in the heck kind of "world record" are they talking about?
That particular run was the first ever 7 second run by a full weight, Street Car, with IRS.
The car doesn't look so hot in the video, due to the fact that it pulled the front end so high off the ground a few days earlier that when it came down it did some damage. They didn't have time to paint the hood, facia etc.

The car has a full stereo, AC, custom Venzano interior and more. It set the IRS, 6-speed record last year. Going lower than a Supra that held the title for some time.
8.5x is now the 6-speed IRS record for any car.

The car in the video also ran a 8.48 on 93 octane last year, and had a 5 page spread on Hot Rod Magazine. Taking home 5 jackets from the Hot Rod Pump Gas Drags. Runs 180mph in the 1/4! It's truely sick!

Here's an article when he was a bit slower! :D

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/113_0505_viper/index.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts