Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked up a 70 gto a few weeks ago. i just got the build sheet in the mail today. really impressed by the pontiac historical society. i sent off the info last monday and got everything back today i figured i would have to wait awhile for it. anyways is there anyway i can find out the total number of cars built with what paint codes. the reason i ask is this is a two tone car, bermuda blue with a polar white top. i have never seen a two tone one before.....i bought this car off of ebay and thought it had a vinal top on it until i went to pick it up and realized it was painted. i dont really care for the two tone but if it is something rare then i will paint it back the way it came. thanks for the help

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
2 tone 70 is rare for sure (especially now days) but sorry I don't have any #'s.

What color interior? It would be sharp with a white or blue gut.

Post up some pic's so we can see what she looks like. :cool

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it does have the factory colors i was just curious of how many were made with this color combo but i talked to the guy at PHS the other day and he pretty much told me there is no way to know for sure. apparently pontiac didnt start keeping records like that until the late 80's according to him

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
my brother has owned two 1970 Buick Skylarks, still has the second one and both were white painted tops over blue...both were original and bought from the original owners...(first one was his first car and the second was to get back to his first car...:D)
Bill

1 - 7 of 7 Posts