Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this option "SPG SHKS-R/H" is for a 70 GTO? It cost $4.21 and had code 62. Thanks Jay

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is probably real good guess. I need to get a dealer brochure maybe it will list what shocks were optional.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Does anyone know what this option "SPG SHKS-R/H" is for a 70 GTO? It cost $4.21 and had code 62. Thanks Jay
Code 621 UPC code Y96 was a Ride Handling package
Code 622 UPC code F40 was a Springs & Shocks Heavy load. More than likely accompanied the Medium Trailer group, a set up for towing. 642 V82

Available from the dealer was Super Lift Shocks part # 3192704 a 49.30 option.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Car was ordered with Ram Air 3, 4 speed CLO TRA, safe-t-TR-HD, radiator HD, Axle-SP-ORO code 362, and a push button radio and the before mentioned option. That was it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings,
My 68 GTO was purchased from the original owner and it currently has 39k original miles. The car needs shocks and he told me I had to use HD shocks with the suspension package ordered on it. He was unable to locate the original paperwork for the car but I am assuming it came with one or both of the following options:

Code 621 UPC code Y96 Ride Handling package
Code 622 UPC code F40 Springs & Shocks Heavy load.

I have been unable to find a HD shock replacement for the car. Would you happen to know a brand/part number that would work for this car? The car will be driven but not abused.

Thank you for your time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts