Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New to the forum but have read many threads over the years I've been looking to buy a car. Finally got one and I am hoping this is a car that is known to some of you and perhaps there is some info out there (stories, pictures, etc). I have some optimism because this car is unique to the point there is no way it hasn't been recognized. Here is what it is:

1970 Pontiac GTO Judge RAM AIR IV
-4-Speed
-Matching numbers all through out
-Polar White
-Dark Saddle (Brown) Interior Code 253 or 53
-"Zone Car" has 2 sales invoices given by PHS
-25 options on the car
-Won concourse gold at the 2001 GTO Nationals

Any info or stories anyone might have would be great. I am looking for some specific info though:

-Any production numbers on the 253 or 53 code interior? It is "Dark Saddle", sometimes referred to as "Brown". It is not like saddle, no tan about it. I have looked at literally thousands of cars over the years and never seen this before. Any info on this would be appreciated.

-The 2 invoices show it was originally invoiced to FRANK HAYES PONTIAC in Williamsport, PA Dealer Code 03-267 on 12/29/69 then on 2/24/70 it was transferred to the PONTIAC MOTOR DIVISION ZONE 3 in Jenkintown, PA, Dealer code 03-991. Looking for any info on this, why it might have been transferred. Frank Hayes it seems went out a while back. Anyone know about them?

Any other info would be great. Really appreciate any help, just trying to build the story and am enjoying the car!

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Dealerships do sell cars among themselves if one dealer has the car and another has a purchaser. My brother got his former 2011 Challenger that way because he had to have a sunroof. The dealer he was at found another dealer that had the car and it was purchased from that dealer, delivered to the dealer my brother was going through, and then he bought it. Everybody gets their money and my brother got his car.

So this is not uncommon.

You will not typically find the number of options ordered or installed on specific cars - so you cannot tell if your car is "the only one," or if 1,500 other cars had the same option. On things like how many GTO's, how many Judges, how many Judges with RAIV/4-speed etc., these numbers seem to be available because they were low production cars as opposed to 120,000 Tempest platforms (to include Lemans & GTO) that had tissue dispensers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer transfer doesn't seem to fit. If it was invoiced to another dealer then perhaps but this was reinvoiced back to the zone hub. Even if they played the middle man I would think there would be a third invoice to the end dealership it was transferred to or more likely it would have been reinvoiced directly to the end dealer, not the zone hub.

And just looking for any info really, doesn't have to be hard facts Jim. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts