Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can somebody out there in GTOland tell me where to get a good quality stripe/decal kit for a '70 Judge? Looking for something as close to original as possible. Phoenix Graphix and Stencils and Stripes come to mind. Anybody have experiences with these company's kits? Thanks.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I had a stencils and stripes stripe set on my Monte ss. the stripes lasted until rust dissolved the underside of the car. I have a strong feeling that is where Ames gets there stripes from....

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Stencils & Stripes get my vote.
Looks like they are updating their website. What I did not see was a detailed description of their stripes. I know that the factory '70 Judge stripes used a reflective tape that really stood out at night when other cars headlights hit them from the side. Phoenix Graphics does state in their description that they use the correct reflective 3M tape. Not sure about Stencils & Stripes.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
IMO: With painted stripes and decals you won't have the reflection at night. Reflective paint maybe?

Very cool. I recall my Judge did that at night. If memory serves me right, the lemon yellow in the stripe seemed to really stand out in my color combo. :thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts