Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbie to Pontiacs but not car scene

As the title states this will be very vague but trying to get a spectrum. Hearing through grapevine a car that may match my convertible itch, more of a cruiser. I did some searching but not seeing a ton available to gauge

Original owner possible time to let it go to see it used again..1970 Lemans convertible, 350 with a 4spd, gold on gold with white top, unknown miles and have not seen car yet. Supposedly not much to get back on road, usual go through fluids, brake system, etc.

So spectrum, what's worth

1.) A rough car, safely drivable but not show car (I assume this is level of car, some rust in panels, doors, etc)
2.) Mostly clean driver, mostly original garage kept, etc. Not an award winner but not so bad couldn't be in local shows for fun
3.) Decent level restoration

Basically looking for starting point in my head to go see it, and then can assess better

Edit: Let me throw what I'm thinking and maybe that'll help if I am way off
1.) $7-9k
2.) $9k-12
3.) $12k-17

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
I am by far no expert and will defer to them with more experience, but I would say your numbers are high. Just for a matter of comparison, my numbers matching one owner 67 GTO was 9k and I just think that was fair. Not a steal by any means.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'll echo colorado. 1970 is not a desirable year, LeMans is not a desirable model. And you should always count on having to fix everything on a non-running car. High/low auction prices for that model the last three years: $28, $3.5.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am by far no expert and will defer to them with more experience, but I would say your numbers are high. Just for a matter of comparison, my numbers matching one owner 67 GTO was 9k and I just think that was fair. Not a steal by any means.
A driver for that price? Either NorthEast classic prices are expensive or I need to switch to being a Pontiac guy

I'll echo colorado. 1970 is not a desirable year, LeMans is not a desirable model. And you should always count on having to fix everything on a non-running car. High/low auction prices for that model the last three years: $28, $3.5.
Not my favorite either and know LeMans is no GTO, just trying to figure out at what price point it makes sense for a cruiser convertible to tinker with

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm far from an expert, but I've owned my 70 Lemans Sport Convertible for almost 30 years now. It was given to me by the original owner, I took it completely apart, 10 years and almost $17k later it was done. We've been driving and enjoying the car for the past 20 years. The interior is looking a little tired but overall the car still looks and runs great. I'd guess it's probably worth between $10-15k. It's a great driving car, comfortable for our family of 5 and if it's too hot to put the top down we turn on the A/C. I highly recommend these cars as a cruiser/driver especially a 4spd. Keep in mind it will cost the same as a GTO to get road worthy and if you loose interest and decide to move on you might have a hard time getting your money out. Good luck with your decision.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts