Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally finished up installing the 700R4 in my 67 GTO. Everything is buttoned up and appears to be running great most of the time.

The problem I have is that once it is warmed up, been driven for about twenty minutes or so and I am cruising around at town speeds. The transmission shifts through all four gears quickly and the engine bogs down. I will be at 25 MPH in fourth gear. Now this doesn't happen for the first 20 minutes or so. During that time it shifts like you would expect.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
95 Posts
the tv cable adjustment has to be "spot on" to work properly, I would double check the bracket / linkage at the carb, also how are you locking up the converter??

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the TV cable fully engaged at WOT.

The Lockup is controlled by a B&M lockup control 70244, for mechanical speedometers.

I talked to the transmission guy who built it. He said it would work itself out. I thought he was crazy, but today it ran great. I'm hoping he's right.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
75 Posts
be very careful ..if that cable is out of adjustment that tranny can go downhill very quickly ..and expensively ..don't ask how I know :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts