Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 71 GTO looks to be all original and in need of a full resto, last registered in the early 90's, some good options 455 code YC, turbo 400, 12 bolt, power steering, power disc brakes, power windows, A/C, gauges, buckets, console, good frame. I should have it running soon, and have sent for the PHS. My questions are, what is it worth now as a pretty rare combo needing a full resto, and what is it worth as a completed car? Thanx!

I will try to get some photos up soon.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Need photos to verify condition. If rusty, not worth much. IF solid, maybe an 8-10k car. It costs more to restore these cars than they are worth restored. The cheapest and easiest plan is to simply buy a car that is done. That said, do you WANT to restore the car? Restoration can be very gratifying. Your car is very well optioned, and would make a very nice car if done. In my neck of the woods, a restoration costs about 30,000 if you do the work yourself. Prices double and triple pretty quickly if you have the work done. Very easy to have 60-80k tied up in a 35 k car. Again, photos, please!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts