Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a while and all I am seeing is a generalized answer. How about a definitive answer please. OK, I have a 71 T37. It came with a 350 engine and 350 transmission, both of them were long gone when I bought the car. I have bought a 77 350 out of a Lemans and am going to put it into the car. My dilemma is this, the block I bought has the 3 drilled and tapped motor mount holes on the side of the block, not all 5 holes are drilled, only 3 are able to accept bolts.
Will i need to drill and tap the 2 remaining bosses to accept the motor mounts that were originally used on the 71, or is the motor mount i have with the 3 mounting bolt hols going to work with the existing mounting towers that are on the frame? I've looked at some kind of cheese adapter that Ames is selling, but if I need to use the 2 untapped bosses on the block, i'm just going to drill and tap them instead of grinding them off to get the adapters to work.
Any definitive answers would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
If you type in "Pontiac engine mounts" in the upper right hand corner where the RED "SEARCH" button is found, you will be able to read other posts on the subject and it will answer your question. This has been covered in several posts and one of them should help with your question. :thumbsup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts