Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finishing a HO 455 in Quezal Gold.
What color decals should the following be:
Side stripes: BlK or White?
GTO HO 455: Red,White or blk?
NOT a Judge.
From looking around the web, it appears that not ALL OEM GTO's had the side stripes from the factory.
Newby here to this web. Have been building, buying/selling muscle cars since I purchased my 1st one in 63.
Don't crushum...restoreum!!

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Not sure but I think build sheet will show what color side stripes should be if you don't have that then maybe PHS will be able to tell. Those stripes look awsome on 72's and personally I think either color would look good maybe depend on interior color. I would match the hood callouts to the stripe color whatever you go with.

Welcome and Love to see some pictures of this beast. :cheers

·
Registered
125 Posts
Just finishing a HO 455 in Quezal Gold.
What color decals should the following be:
Side stripes: BlK or White?
GTO HO 455: Red,White or blk?
NOT a Judge.
From looking around the web, it appears that not ALL OEM GTO's had the side stripes from the factory.
Newby here to this web. Have been building, buying/selling muscle cars since I purchased my 1st one in 63.
Don't crushum...restoreum!!
I'd probably go with white. I have never seen a Quezel Gold car with black stripes, but white stripes look awesome on that color, IMO.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
OP note diecast with black stripes has a black interior and real GTO with white stripes has a white int. I think either one with stripes contrasting to interior would look just wrong. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Black it is!

Black on order. I like the black my car and on the lighter cars. And white on dark cars.
Was just wanting to see "what the options would have been in 72".
Also appears that stripes were a customer optioned item as "most" 72 GTO's did not have them.
Thanks guys...........Like this forum. Also on LS1 and all the Olds power forums.
Good stuff!!
Remember, restoreum....don't crushum

·
Registered
50 Posts
Black on order. I like the black my car and on the lighter cars. And white on dark cars.
Was just wanting to see "what the options would have been in 72".
Also appears that stripes were a customer optioned item as "most" 72 GTO's did not have them.
Thanks guys...........Like this forum. Also on LS1 and all the Olds power forums.
Good stuff!!
Remember, restoreum....don't crushum
Good deal. My cardinal red 72 had white emblems and no stripes when I bought her. I immediately swapped it all to black, including the add-on stripe in black. I like stock appearing cars but a little flavor never hurts IMO.

A couple of other add ons I did were a Formula steering wheel, judge rear wing, and 140mph speedo to give you some other "upgrade" ideas :cheers:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts