Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
looks like your on your way to a nice ride. just have to do things when you have time. i guess that's just the way it is. there is alot of real estate on these old cars. keep chuggin along you will get there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Jared, yeah I noticed that. I was pretty sure there were no LeMans GT forums out there and this one seems very nice and friendly. That pic is older and mine is due for a facelift, going to go 2 stage this time instead of single stage enamel.

Looks like you have something similar to mine?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Mine is a 70 LeMans Sport. Mine was originally a 400 4 speed car but the original engine and trans is long gone. Its on it's third engine and it's third transmission. The paint would be considered driver quality at this point. It was redone probably around 25 years ago by a previous owner. It was an original green over green car. They painted it red over a very solid car (original floors, quarters and trunk pan).

You came to a great place. While there are not a ton of them on here, there are some LeMans and Tempest owners. Their cars and questions get just as much attention as their GTO big brothers. There is a ton of technical support on this forum, plus some really nice folks with a sprinkling of characters to boot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks very nice, having good bones is a must. Mine was built in Framingham MA and delivered to Berlin NH so I had quite a bit of rust to take care of. Two new rear quarters (and trunk) and an entire fiberglass front clip took care of that. Having the build sheet for me is a God send, great for referencing. LOL

Thats good to know as something is always coming up. Just parked it until new Pitman arm seal comes in from TN. Leaking PS fluid all over the driveway. Gee and I just put $40 of gas in it too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts